Become Part of the MDC Family
The Comptroller reports directly to the President and is responsible for the oversight of all
financial matters for 3 entities. You will manage all aspects of financial reporting, assist in
annual reviews, perform bookkeeping, as well as mentor and develop a team of professionals.
Technical excellence, superb communication skills, proactive orientation, and meticulous
attention to detail are key requirements for this position.
This is a full-time position located at MDC’s head office in Central Saanich, British Columbia.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting team, including but not limited to:
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash management.
- Preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements in compliance with accounting
standards for private enterprises (ASPE), supplemented with variance analysis and
additional insight into the business.
- Ensure compliance with all government reporting requirements (GST/HST, PST, etc.)
- Manage the annual external review of the company and the preparation of tax returns
for Canada and the United States by external professionals.
- Submit payroll and act as HR liaison and maintain HR records
- Review existing systems and processes, then identify and implement new processes and
recommend business tools to streamline existing systems and work towards automating
- Liaise with various departments within the company as well as external stakeholders as
- Process semi monthly and year end payroll
Apply online on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1922817938/
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA, CGA, or CA)is preferable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting
- Comfortable being hands-on with a can-do attitude
- Good computer skills and software skills
- Experience with national distribution companies preferred
- subject to a criminal record check
- Eligible to work within Canada
Criminal record check may be required for candidates.